3.02.2010

here's three feet of bourbon to chew on; and hello to you

The world has a dark side to it, literally and figuratively. Noir explores it. Where this world of the mystery, the crime, the cop, the fall guy, the dame, the money, the gat, the booze and the crime writer exist. Got a story? We might publish it for you right here. But that's for later on. Let's....get acquainted....

Welcome.

Sit.

I'll fix us drinks.

We'll eat a couple of martinis.

Slide a cigarette in your mouth. Your eyes keep flashing around the room. What? Too dim for you?

That's okey for right now.

Take the breeze.

Now get comfortable.

You start the conversation if you want to.

 Huh? What do we talk about?  How 'bout let's discuss the case we both seem to be working on?

But don't touch your hand to your side pocket. I already know you've got some iron in there.

I just hope it's enough. Don't bring a little parlor gun to this party.

Calm yourself pally. It's going to be a long night. And the fog is just starting to roll in.

Now what did you say your name was?

4 comments:

  1. I'd pour, but the moll in the corner has her pistol pointed at me. Why'd you invite me here tonight? I'm not gonna shake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name? My name?? Oh you'd like to know that wouldn't you? But you made me mad sailor so I'm not gonna confess anything. And certainly not with him here and not sober either. Nope I'm not telling any name to you. At least not without a few more belts out of that bottle, and a few dance numbers on the Victor. Then we'll get around to calling each other things we might have to forget before morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what is going on with this site...but i like it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll play along....

    gimme a foot and a half of scotch and make it smooooooooth! The room is crowded as a bus station but i got eyes and im watchin everyone.

    Who invited the eye-candy? is she property of the house or can i socialize?

    ReplyDelete